Monday, April 8, 2019

Eric Yang Looks at Foreign Direct Investments

Eric Yang, Verrazano Class of 2018, earned a degree in Economics and a minor in Political Science.
My capstone experience about FDI (foreign direct investments)'s effects on developing nations enables me to improve my skills as a researcher and writerOne important practice I picked up during this project came directly from Professor Vachadze, who showed me how to use a rating scale to determine the impact factor of a journal. The impact factor of a journal demonstrates how influential a journal it is. As a result, I learned to determine the quality of an article simply by looking at the impact factor of the journal. In addition, my faculty advisor also showed me aexample of a well-organized research paperUnderstanding the structure of the research paper allows me to organize my thoughts into producing a great research paper.  
Eric presenting at the Undergraduate Research Conference
My capstone experience met my expectations in many ways. The creation of a twelve-page research paper with twelve sources required weeks to complete. Likewise, my paper had to be reviewed by a faculty advisor for approval. Meeting and discussing my faculty advisor was the final step for my capstone project. I was able to discuss ideas with my faculty advisor who offered me valuable suggestions and incredible feedback. Looking forward to the undergraduate conference, I picture it as an essential process that teaches me how to communicate my ideas and a practice in presenting through both PowerPoint and poster board. 
The completion of my capstone project encourages me to do future projects related to ending poverty. My research topic about FDI's effects on the developing world gives way to finding solutions to improve the lives of people in low-income nations. As an economics major and political science minor, I seek to understand the interaction between economics and politics in eradicating world suffering. The economic and political conditions within a nation can influence the amount of FDI inflows. The development of my research paper is essential in my personal and professional development into a better researcher and writer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment