Monday, March 6, 2023

Should You Study Abroad? Yes!

 Raphael Pollante, Verrazzano Class of 2023, completed major in Psychology & minor in Cinema Production

I remember when I first entered college, I went to an event where a guest speaker from the Center for Global Engagement talked about the amazing time they had when they went to study abroad. From my own personal experience, I can say that it has definitely been a once-in-a-lifetime experience to say the least.

After studying abroad in Florence Italy, it definitely changed my perspective and point of view of myself. I did so many things that I never thought I would’ve done in my lifetime. I was able to travel to another continent by myself, ride a gondola, drive a vespa, and casually walk by the Duomo on my way to class.

Along this trip, I met so many lifelong friends that quickly changed into family. We were able to experience everything together and it helped us bond with each other.

We traveled all over Italy to Siena, Pisa, San Gimignani, Verona, Viareggio, Cinque Terre, Lucca, Venice, and Bologna.

This experience is definitely something I will remember my entire life, as well as the memories and friends that I made along the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment