Monday, December 26, 2022

How Do Our Brains Use Our Experiences to Evolve/Create Information?

 Jonathan Falcone, Verrazzano Class of 2022, completed major in Psychology and minor in History 

Doing this capstone was truthfully much more work than I had anticipated it to be, but I was happy to do it and I learned a lot from it.

In my research I read article after article, journal after journal, gaining information in for my topic, which is about our memory. I already had an idea about some of the information, which certainly helped, but not knowing a lot of it was difficult. 

Certain forms of memory I wasn’t even aware existed. I carefully considered every word I wrote to try my best to make sure anything I said was not incorrect, as I did not want to spread any misinformation.  And still, my first draft was… ugly LOL! Thankfully, my mentor was an expert in the field and was able to point me in the direction of better and more accurate information.

Throughout my capstone, and the many, many edits I had to make, I also learned how to find better materials for research. I found out how to find more trustworthy resources and sift through journal articles and scientific papers for the best and most accurate information.

I have learned how to construct a cohesive APA formatted research article and how to gain valuable and accurate information, as well as deciding which articles I am able to find as trustworthy.  





No comments:

Post a Comment