Monday, March 7, 2022

The Evolution of UX Design

 Jason Mui, Verrazzano Class of 2022, completed major in Computer Science 

 

My capstone project has been one of the most in-depth projects I have completed in my college career. When I first heard about it during the freshmen orientation, I did not think much of it since it seemed to be many years away. However, as the semesters went on, it began creeping up in the back of my mind. When it was time to choose the topic for the capstone, I was taking the introduction to web development course offered and it sparked my interest. The user experience design (UX) side of the class particularly intrigued me. I decided the explore the concept of user experience design throughout history and how it is currently being utilized in the web development space.

For my capstone, I wanted to do more than just the standard research paper. I wanted to test the skills that I learned from the class in addition to the ones that I developed in my own time. I decided to develop a website that demonstrated some fundamental UX design principles that I found through my research. These principles are the reasons why well-designed products/services feel “right” to use. I worked with Professor Gargano to create simple interactive modules that demonstrate each design principle. His guidance allowed me to go beyond my comfort zone and create something that I could display in my portfolio.

After completing the capstone, I felt a great sense of accomplishment. I was able to use the knowledge from my college courses and create something from scratch. The skills that I developed during the creation of the website are now being utilized at the current position I have at the company I interned with during the capstone process.

At first, the idea of a capstone project was daunting; however it turned out to be the perfect cap to my college career.

 

https://uxdesigncapstone.netlify.app/

 


No comments:

Post a Comment