Monday, January 27, 2020

Verrazano Graduate's Path to Legal Field

Deanna Caccavale, Verrazano Class of 2018, completed major in Political Science and minors in Italian Studies and Legal Studies 
 
My time spent as a student in the Verrazano program has been very enriching. The Verrazano program gave me the tools I need to succeed in life. Upon entering into this program, I did not realize I would be gaining a new family. I have formed unbreakable bonds and learned life lessons that will last a lifetime. I’m sad to see my college experience come to a close, but I am super excited to see what the future has in store for me. For the next chapter of Verrazano students, my advice to you is to never take anything for granted. Make sure to study and work hard, but also don’t forget to enjoy your college experience because before you know it you’ll be graduating. 

Throughout my college career, I’ve had the privilege of partaking in many internships to help solidify my decision to enter the legal profession. These internships provided me with insight about the legal field. I observed attorneys working zealously for their clients to ensure that justice was served. Ever since I was a little girl, I had a dream of becoming an attorney. Being an attorney has always been a passion of mine because I want to ensure that everyone in society is treated justly under the law. 

At the commencement of my junior year at CSI, I began to work on my Senior thesis. I decided to tackle the issue of gender discrimination in the work profession. Specifically, my goal was to understand why it is difficult for women to obtain promotions within prestigious law firms in society. This is an important issue because gender does not only affect women entering the legal profession, but it has affects women in all professions within society. Women need to be aware of the issues they face in the United States to help provide a better future for the youth.  

Deanna with Professor Paris 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment