Monday, October 14, 2024

Lessons Learned in Time Management When Conducting a Capstone

Rebecca Andes, Verrazzano Class of 2024, completed major in General Biology

The past year has taught me a lot about the crucial lesson of the importance of time. Four years of college have flown by, and the idea of a capstone project that had once seemed so far away since freshman year, soon became a reality. I often told myself there was plenty of time, but eventually, time caught up with me.

Selecting a topic for my capstone it was not an easy task. There were so many different ideas and interests available, making it a challenge to focus on just one area. Thankfully, with the guidance of my mentor, Professor Antonella Guadagnino, I decided on my topic, "Reviewing the Role of Carbon Dioxide for Seizure Intervention in Humans and African Naked Mole-Rats."

Completing my capstone project had many different challenges, but as I overcame these challenges, I learned valuable lessons. At first, the whole project felt daunting, but with perseverance and patience, I discovered my ability to push through. The importance of communication was another lesson that I learned during my research. By learning how to communicate more and to ask for help, it made it easier for me to organize my thoughts and gain more knowledge about my topic.

Lastly, time management was one of the biggest lessons that I had to learn, due to it not being my strongest skill. Through careful organization and planning, I improved significantly in managing my time.

Throughout this journey, I not only improved academically but also grew personally from the many lessons I have learned. Each challenge and success helped me learn more about myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment