Monday, November 1, 2021

Social Media's Influence on Living Through a Pandemic

 Ilia Krisulas, Verrazzano Class of 2020, completed major in Corporate Communications 


My capstone experience helped me understand how people could be affected by world events. Although the Covid-19 pandemic took a toll on many, it also created an opportunity for others. Society had to adapt over the course of the virus's first year.

The interviews I filmed for my capstone helped me to see how TikTok impacted the quarantine on society. The Covid-19 pandemic created the perfect conditions to popularize this application, and helped it reach its level of global influence in such a short period. I was able to see how it helped people in different ways and how it helped everyone understand they were going through this event together.

The idea of being connected with one another helps drive our society into growing and evolving every day. I believe that not only Tik Tok but all social media platforms can provide real support in trying times like the Covid-19 pandemic. People virtually joining in with one another to try to push through a difficult situation ultimately ends up creating a more connected society.

I was able to use my opportunity of creating a capstone project to become more connected with society and witness how it functions and develops over the years. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment