Monday, August 2, 2021

Advocating for Patient Safety





 Salma Taha, Verrazzano Class of 2021, completed major in Nursing 

Identifying and analyzing factors that affect falls in patient’s acute care settings are very important to me because as a nurse, patient safety is the most important thing. A fall can cause lifelong complications and can even be fatal.
This research project was interesting because I was able to analyze factors that can influence falls on units. In the future, I plan on working in the hospital setting with patients who may be a fall risk. By completing this project, I learned to be aware of actions and behaviors as a nurse that may affect my patient’s safety. I think this project was a great opportunity to analyze my skills, as well as develop them.
Overall, I think this project really helped me become a better nurse in the future. Due to this project, I feel like I am better equipped to advocate for policies and interventions that could positively impact my patients. I appreciate the opportunity to present and share the information that I acquired through this project with others from the college.
I want to thank the Verrazzano Honors Program, including Cheryl and Cynthia, and my mentor,
Professor Regina Lama for helping me throughout this process. If it were not for them, I would not have been able to complete this project, so I appreciate their support throughout this journey. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment