Friday, March 24, 2017

Suki Wong: Nursing and Beyond!




Suki Wong (Class of 2017) is a Nursing Major finishing up this challenging program and looking forward to the next set of adventures in her life.

“Every flower blooms in its own time.”
-- Ken Petti

Hello! My name is Suki Wong, Verrazano Class of 2017. I’m a senior majoring in Nursing. It’s crazy to think that in less than 6 months, I will be graduating at College of Staten Island. I survived nursing school! Time has passed by in a blink of an eye and I am proud to say I am a Registered Nurse.

At the RN Pinning Ceremony 2016
Throughout the years, I have stepped outside of my comfort zone and tried new experiences.  I interned at New York University Langone Medical Center through the HCOP Internship Opportunities Program. My most memorable experience was seeing an autopsy being done and it was pretty cool. I shadowed nurses and attended lectures and conferences. I also had a lot of interactions with the patients. From this experience, I was determined that pursuing a nursing degree was the right choice.

On the Dean's List, with President Fritz, 2016
Now, I am working on my Capstone project “Nursing Practice and Strategies for Responding to Child Abuse”. The objective of my capstone project is to find the most effective strategy for preventing or reducing child abuse. Most importantly, I want to encourage and establish a universal protocol in all professional work places in responding to suspected child abuse cases.

It was a pleasure to be part of the Verrazano family. I have met amazing people and developed close friendships with my nursing classmates.  I want to thank all my professors, mentors, and my friends who have supported me throughout the journey. I will definitely miss going on field trips with Verrazano. Not to mention, on one of my VELA events, I met Park Shin Hye, a South Korean actress!

Exploring the Brooklyn Bridge!
My advice to incoming students is to do at in your own pace. There is no need to compare yourself to others and worry about being behind. And when you are feeling unsure or don’t know what to do anymore, do not give up. Being lost is part of the path and eventually you will find the path that is meant to be.

I am super excited for the adventures ahead. I am looking forward to sharing more about my adventures!





10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You discuss about Nursing and Beyond.There are many words exists in the writing. In writing there are many meaningful and useful words. There are many words in writing which we use in writing.I need to know about list of capstone project titles for information technology. We know the right use of a word in your writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, to Suki Wong for completing her Nursing Major, she has shared good photos of her completion day, with good description. how to write a research proposal for phd sample To get good knowledge about how to write a research proposal for phd sample, we all should read the blogs of this website, that has many helpful material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is good nursing capstone project research and great celebration challenging the nursing program success. Here you have provided very informative information about nursing. Also paraphraser online should helpful for your essay writing. This article information should helpful and as inspiration for students. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nursing is one noble job in this world , its very important to serve better treatment to patient . you shares your beautiful journey in Nursing education and became a professional Nurse . congratulation for your achievement click to read and know your best to writing your papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we are together then that time we may be trying to enjoy our that time. If we enjoy our this time that we also are able to solve some bigger problems. Hope after my eassy sometime we are able to find a solution of the problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After exploring a handful of the articles on your website, I seriously like your way of writing a blog. I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near future. Take a look at my web site too and let me know how you feel.
    beyondvela.com

    ReplyDelete